The first recorded Vicar of Tarrant Monkton was John Pedelner in 1310, but the oldest part of the church is the Chancel, dating back to about 1400. The Nave and Tower are of 15th century origin, and the North Aisle was added in the 18th century. Extensive restoration of the whole church took place in 1873. The Tower holds a peal of three bells, all cast in the 17th century: the tenor carrying the inscription “Feare the Lord l.W. 1610”. Visitors may like to note the following points of interest:- Churchyard – Socket stone of early 14th century village cross. ln Church – Historical notes and portions of lead roof dated 1737, also extract from Burial Register, in wall cases near entrance. Font – 12th century bowl. Tower – 17th century bell wheel and headstock. East Window – Bishop Poore with model of Salisbury Cathedral in his hand.
All Saints Church All Saints Church Listed Building Tarrant Churches