The Village had a School built 1859 for up to 70 children (see Post Office Directory).
In the 1881 census the schoolmistress was Mrs Annie Gard, wife of the blacksmith Mr John Gard. The school closed in the 1960s but the building lives on as a private residence.
The following picture and list dates from 1920-23.
School Photo Names List. v2